Arctic Heat Generator - AHG1000
The Puritan Arctic Heat Generator Model AGH1000 is the latest release to our auxiliary power unit line. Utilizing field-proven technology, the new AHG1000 is powered by the durable and reliable Kubota Super Mini 2 cylinder engine, reducing fuel consumption and weight.
The AHG utilizes the all-new LHG700 Series Liquid Heat Generator from Ventech, providing extreme heater and electrical charging capabilities in the most demanding applications.
This budget-wise AHG is also equipped (standard equipment) with an all-new digital touch screen Display and Control Panel for operation from within the cab.
The Puritan Arctic Heat Generator Model AHG 1000 is a robust, weather tight, truck-mounted auxiliary power and heating system, specifically designed for unattended operation in the extreme cold weather conditions. Just like it's big brother, the AHG1000 provides circulating heated coolant and electrical power to keep the truck’s utilities fully operational 24/7, and operates independent of the truck’s engine. This enables the main engine to be shut down, significantly reducing main engine idling, fuel costs and tailpipe emissions.
The AHG1000 provides 12v electrical power to keep the truck’s batteries charged for the required electrical demands, and an almost instantaneous flow of heated coolant to the truck’s main engine, and other onboard services. The AHG 1000 produces up to 80,000 BTU’s (~24kW) of heated coolant without flame or electrical power; more heat energy than any other APU on the market.
The AHG 1000 has compact packaging with field serviceability in mind and is built using premium quality materials and components rated for Arctic temperatures.
- (Base Model) - 55,000 BTU’s/hr. (~16kW)
- (Base Model plus SP1 Option Installed) - 80,000 BTU’s/hr. (~24kW)
- 12V Electrical 12V 95Amp Alternator standard
- Power Plant Kubota T4 Z602 Diesel Engine
- Engine: Kubota Super Mini Tier 4, 2 cylinder diesel engine, 14.4HP (10.8kW), 3200 RPM Max Speed offers long operational engine life and proven reliability. AHG1000 operating speed reduced to 2,400 RPM provides reduced engine wear and reduced maintenance cost.
- Ventech LHG700: The legendary Ventech LHG700 Rapid Supplemental Heater uses state-of-the-art flameless heat technology to produce an almost instantaneous flow of circulating heated coolant for cab heating and engine pre-heat.
Extreme Arctic Packaging Extreme Arctic Packaging
- Enclosure - Weather-tight Case with Service Bulkhead for easy fuel and electric hookup
- Hood - Lightweight durable Glass Fiber removable hood providing access for service and maintenance
- Easy Installation - Straightforward Trailer Frame mounting attachments included
- Compact Design - Case size 25”Wide x 26”Tall x 26”Deep
- Containment - Case designed to capture and hold up to 110% of all on-board AHG1000 fluids
- Hi Output Starter - 12V / 1.4 kW Cold Weather Starter for reliable cold engine starting
- Glow Plugs - (2) Fitted for engine pre-heating for easier cold weather starting
- Digital Control - Puritan Intelligent In-Cab Control Panel with Color LCD Touch Screen provides the User with comprehensive Control of the AHG1000, including Temperature Control, Auto Start Modes, as well as System Status, Health, and Diagnostics including Fuel Consumption and Run Time.
- Heated Oil Pan - 12VDC Oil Pan Heater with Automatic Thermal Control via In Cab Control Panel.
- Extreme Arctic Package - 80,000 BTU’s/hr. System Upgrade (~24,000 Watts). Provides almost instantaneous flow of heated engine coolant for rapid cab heating and truck/field support applications.
- Closed Loop Heating - The closed-loop heating package provides isolation of the shared circulating AHG1000 liquid heat output (LHG700 Output) from Trailer/Tank fluid heating system. Isolating the shared AHG/LHG heat output from external tank heating fluids isolates AHG from possible infiltration of harmful and damaging contaminates.
- DC to AC Inverter - 110 VAC, 2000W RMS / 4600W Peak, 12V DC to 110V AC , Modified Sine Wave. The Invertor is located in Driver’s Cab and includes two GFI receptacles for domestic appliances.
- Generator Package - Integrated Engine-driven AC Generator. 120 VAC 3000 Watts Continuous / 4500 Watts Peak, 3,600 RPM. Belt-driven, heavy duty mobile power source provides AC electric power to operate AC tools and appliances.
- Includes an automatic engine speed governor to maintain a generator speed of 3600RPM. The precision 12V linear actuator fitted to the Kubota engine is controlled by a closed-loop control circuit in the Puritan MicroProcessor assuring reliable governing performance.
- Air Compressor Package - Belt-driven, heavy duty 2 cylinder air compressor providing 10 cu in. displacement and rated 4 CFM at 90 psi. Compressor includes air filter and remote control via in cab Control Panel.
- Positive Air Shut Off Valve - Automatic engine air intake shut off valve preventing runaway engine condition in volatile gaseous environments (typical requirement for Canadian industrial applications).
- Fuel Consumption Logger - Proves digital measurement of Fuel Consumption against time/date stamp. Provides historical readout of APU running time and fuel usage
- Air Conditioning Package – Available 2016